Since our inception in 1996, when the MOCHA Center was founded as the Men of Color Health Awareness Project, which specifically addressed HIV/AIDS health concerns that were affecting gay men, we have further grown into a center of information, services, advocacy and much more. We have also significantly increased the number of people we serve by including more young people and women through our expanded programming.
At the MOCHA Center, we pride ourselves on our ability to effectively respond to the emerging needs of our communities through dynamic programming. All of our services are conducted in a culturally sensitive manner that is both confidential and non-judgmental. Additionally, services are provided in a manner that emphasizes wellness, individual responsibility, increased awareness; while promoting self-efficacy through the ongoing support of our professional staff and volunteers.
The MOCHA Center will be the premier provider of Health & Human Services to people of color.
Our mission is to improve the health and wellness of LGBT communities of color.
We commit to these values to guide our decisions and our behaviors:
- Responsibility and Respect – We are responsible and respectful to ourselves, to each other and to all of our stakeholders.
- Effective and Efficient – We are effective and efficient in our delivery of services and in the performance of all job related duties and responsibilities.
- Accountability – We are accountable to team members, consumers, and stakeholders and to the vision, mission, and values of MOCHA.
- Communication – We model direct and purposeful communication among team members, consumers and stakeholders.
- Highest Quality – Our team of professionals provides the highest quality services to our consumers and stakeholders.
You can use the word REACH to remember our values.
The MOCHA Center logo represents the interconnectedness of our four focus areas:
- Health and Wellness (Direct Service Provider)
- Education and Capacity Building
- Advocacy and Community Mobilization
- Research and Evaluation