The MOCHA Center offers social events and other programs focused on improving the health and wellness of LGBTQ people of color—in mind, body, and spirit. We are a place where every voice is heard, the staff knows where you are coming from, and all are welcome.
Founded in 1996 as the Men of Color Health Awareness Project, The MOCHA Center has worked to educate Black and Latino men in Rochester and Buffalo about living a sex-positive life. Over the years, our mission and the people we work with have grown. Now in partnership with Trillium Health, we’ve turned into a community health center that offers both community and health in equal amounts—providing a safe place to network, socialize, and address any health issues you face.
We offer free, confidential, safer sex support—not judgment. We’re here so you can live the life you want and be as healthy as possible.
Ending the epidemic by 2020
The MOCHA Center is committed to ending the HIV epidemic by expanding testing so everyone knows their HIV status, helping everyone with HIV get treatment to stay healthy and prevent transmission, and expanding access to PrEP to prevent new infections.
For additional information and support, reach out to The MOCHA Center.
We have regular events where you can talk with and learn from other people with experience and information that can help you grow. Come say hello, stay a while, and be a part of a group that just might feel a lot like family.
Locations & Hours
We serve Buffalo and Rochester from two offices that support and connect you to the care you need.
- 1092 Main Street
- Buffalo, NY 14209
- HIV & HEP-C Testing hours:
- Monday-Thursday 12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Friday 11:00a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Free, walk-in STD screening starts January 6!
- Hours of operation:
- Monday-Friday 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- 189 N. Water Street, Suite 1
- Rochester, NY 14604
- HIV, HEP-C and STD Testing hours:
- Monday-Thursday 10:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Friday 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Hours of operation:
- Monday-Thursday 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
FOOD PANTRY HOURS (BUFFALO)
- New client intake:
- Wednesday & Thursday 11:00 a.m.
- Pantry distribution:
- Wednesday & Thursday 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- New clients must have a referral from a recognized HIV-related agency, or live in the 14209 zip code with proof of income, address, and I.D. for everyone in the household. Any specific questions can be answered by calling Brian Procknal at 716.852.1142.
If you want to learn more about The MOCHA Center, if you need help, or if you are just looking for a place where people truly get you, send us a note or stop by anytime.