Earlier this summer the MOCHA Center announced the launch of its MOCHA Consulting Services (MCS). MCS is a fee-for-service initiative dedicated to bridging the gaps to health and wellness for LGBT POC (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender People of Color). MCS utilizes a multifaceted approach to capacity building for individuals and organizations that serve LGBT POC through consulting, speaking engagements, trainings, workshops, and research. MCS’s stellar faculty of academics, educators, community based service providers, and researchers have extensive experience addressing the disparate and unique needs of LGBT POC within the United States and abroad.
We are pleased to announce the following eight courses for November and December:
- November 6, 4pm-7pm – LGBTQ Issues in K-12 Schools: Framework & Strategies for Educators – Dr. Ed Brockenbrough & Kelly Clark
- November 14, 8:30am-12:30pm – Working with LGBTQ Victims of Domestic Violence – Kelly Clark
- November 21, 8am-5pm – Diversity & Intersections of Identity – Tomás Boatwright
- December 4, 1pm-5pm – LGBTQ 101 – Tomás Boatwright
- December 12, 8am-5pm – Empowering Social Justice Advocates – Bruce Smail
- December 13, 10:30am-12pm – The Non-Traditional Family Structure vs. Traditional Family Theories – Dr. Kamila Barnes & Dr. Orlando Harris
- December 13, 1pm-4pm – Quality Improvement: Why Improve Outcomes? – Dr. Kamila Barnes
- December 15, 2pm-4pm – Transgender Basics – Kelly Clark
Additional details on the courses with links to the registration is available at https://mochacenter.org/consulting-services/courses/.
All courses are held in the MOCHA Center Rochester’s Training Center located at 189 N. Water Street, Suite 1 (Riverside Lower Level). Additional information about MCS is located on our website at https://mochacenter.org/consulting-services/. Faculty bios and resumes are also available at https://mochacenter.org/consulting-services/faculty/.
Registration is conducted through an online service – EventBrite.com. Please see the link associated with each course.
If you have additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (585) 420-1400 x108.